Community sponsorship program
Everyday Unitywater provides fresh drinking water and treatment services to help keep our communities healthy. Through our community sponsorship program, we are able to support charities, community groups and programs that align with our purpose.
Our community sponsorship program provides financial support of up to $10,000 for initiatives that support community wellbeing, community development and the environment.
Current sponsorship initiatives
In 2017, we are proud to support a wide range of projects and services that will help to improve the health and wellbeing of our customers and the liveability of our communities.
View our current community sponsorships
Applications for the 2018 Community Sponsorship Program will open in August 2017.
Follow us on Facebook and register to receive updates
To support community projects, programs or events that deliver environmental improvements or environmental education with a particular focus on waterway health.
- Improve outcomes for our region’s flora, fauna and biodiversity
- Reduce the community’s impact on the environment
- Increase community awareness of the local environment and their role in protecting it. Increase accessibility and community participation in environmental initiatives.
2. Community development
To support projects, programs, equipment, facilities, festivals or events that improve the live-ability and economic development of our communities.
- Improve the capacity of our communities
- Encourage community participation. Improve the quality and opportunities for use of community spaces
- Provide opportunities for economic development and diversity across the region.
3. Community wellbeing - health, wellbeing and social development
To support projects or programs that improve the health, wellbeing and education of our customers and help to alleviate disadvantage.
- Expand community organisations' capacity to provide ongoing services
- Improve community access to health, wellness and social development resources eg: education, employment, health and wellbeing services
- Increase interaction between individuals and community services / organisations
- Improve services to alleviate impacts of disadvantage in including: homelessness, domestic violence, crime, drug and alcohol abuse.
Organisations or initiatives that:
- are not-for-profit or support a charitable cause or community project
- are based within Noosa, Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay local government area
- align with our community focus, company values and core business
- provide a measurable benefit to our customers and communities
- demonstrate community involvement, particularly those that engage multiple community groups and organisations
- generate visibility for Unitywater within the community ie: publicity, branding and promotion.
Unitywater is unable to consider sponsorship of:
- A single individual
- Initiatives that are run for a commercial profit
- Initiatives or entities that conflict with Unitywater’s values and brand
- Initiatives or entities that promote alcohol, drugs, gambling, violence or discrimination against race, age, gender or religion
- Initiatives or entities that risk conflict of interest
- Initiatives that support a single religious, sporting or political group
- Initiatives run solely for fundraising purposes without broader community benefit
- Operational cost such as salaries, rent, fuel.
Applications will be assessed by a Unitywater panel against the following criteria:
- Applicant’s eligibility
- Applicant’s ability to meet category objectives
- Level of community benefit and reach
- Alignment with our community focus, company values and core business
- Applicant’s ability to deliver a safe, successful project in full and within budget
- Level of exposure for Unitywater as a sponsor within the community
- Demonstrated support from community stakeholders (eg: letters of support).