Capital Works Program
Unitywater is responsible for water supply and sewerage services to Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast residential and business customers.
We own the water distribution, sewage treatment and distribution infrastructure that was transferred from the Moreton Bay regional, Sunshine Coast and Noosa councils.
Unitywater has a capital works program that is building, renewing or replacing water supply and sewerage infrastructure. We are responsible for the current planning, management and maintenance of water and sewage services, as well as planning for growth into the future.
Planning for the future
Unitywater is actively planning for the growth in the Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast regions and has many sewage projects underway to manage the infrastructure needed to cater for the increased capacity well into the future.
Managing the sewage services involves two types of projects:
- Sewage Treatment Plants
- Upgrading and installing new pipelines that connects from your house to the Sewage Treatment Plant.
We are responsible for:
- providing customers with quality drinking water;
- collecting, treating and disposing of sewage;
- treatment and supply of recycled water;
- operations and maintenance of water and sewerage infrastructure;
- planning and delivery of new infrastructure; and
- retail services including billing and customer service.