- pay the full amount on the due date
- pay a set amount fortnightly
- pay a set amount monthly.
There are three ways to set up a direct debit
1. Online at My Account.
This is an easy and convenient way to set up and manage your direct debit securely online. You can choose to pay by credit card or from your bank account.
2. Over the phone
Phone the contact centre on 1300 0 UNITY (1300 086 489).
PLEASE NOTE: This option is for direct debit from bank account only. To ensure our customers' data security, we do not accept credit card details via phone call. If you would prefer to pay by credit card My Account is a good option.
3. Download and complete the Direct Debit Request Form (PDF).
Please allow at least 2 weeks for the first payment to be processed.
PLEASE NOTE: This option is for direct debit from bank account only. To ensure our customers' data security, we do not accept credit card details on our paper forms. If you would prefer to pay by credit card My Account is a good option.
Tips for fortnightly/monthly direct debit
- When setting up a fortnightly or monthly direct debit, you will need to nominate an amount to pay. Use your previous Unitywater bills to calculate a sufficient payment amount.
- If your direct debit amount does not cover the full amount due on your bill when it arrives, simply pay the balance on time to avoid accruing interest. Keep an eye on this and make any adjustments to your direct debit amount if you need to.
- Make sure you start a direct debit arrangement when you have a minimal amount owing (e.g. straight after you have paid your bill in full). Otherwise you may set up a direct debit and risk not having enough payments processed to cover your next bill. An easy way to do this is to wait for your bill to arrive as normal, pay it and then set up a direct debit to prepare for the next bill.
REMEMBER: If your monthly or fortnightly direct debit payments are not enough to cover the full amount due AND you do not pay the balance by the due date, you will receive a Reminder Notice and be charged interest of 11% per annum, compounding daily, on the overdue amount.
How to change or cancel your direct debit arrangement
1. Online at My Account - You can change or cancel your direct debit easily by logging into My Account and selecting the My Payments tab. Select your account and click Change.
2. Over the phone - Cancellation of your direct debit and changes to the payment amount or frequency can be accepted over the phone by calling our Customer Service team on 1300 086 489.
3. Download and complete the Direct Debit Request Form (PDF) and submit to Unitywater.
What happens next?
Once your direct debit is processed, we will send you a confirmation letter to advise you of the start date of your payments, and to confirm your nominated amount.
You can also see confirmation of your direct debit arrangement on the first page of your bill (just above the total amount due) and in My Account.
Your direct debit payments will be listed on Page 2 of your bill and in My Account.
If you have submitted a direct debit request online or via a request form, but you have not received a confirmation letter or a notification on your bill, please contact us.
View the Direct Debit Service Agreement.